Sunday 17 March 2013

Which scripts have you read?

The two horror film scripts that I have chosen to read are Scream and Urban Legend, which are two famously known slasher films.

After thoroughly reading through both scripts, I then began to annotate the two. One at a time, of course. I highlighted any aspect of the script which I found interesting; such as the succinct descriptions of characters when they are first introduced, the dialogue used which is relatable to the target audiences and the use of the script layout to create action filled or tense scenes.

Out of the two scripts, I much preferred Scream as it had a lot more cheap scare scenes used compared to Urban Legend. However, it felt as though Scream dragged on too much whereas Urban Legend was short yet still effective.

For my script, I shall use elements found in both.

No comments:

Post a Comment